Homeopathic Remedies for COVID-19: Sign & Symptoms
Today, humanity is living through the third serious coronavirus outbreak in less than 20 years, following SARS in 2002–2003 and MERS in 2012. While the final cost on human lives and world economy remains unpredictable, the timely identification of a suitable treatment and the development of an effective vaccine remain a significant challenge and will still require time.
The aim of this study is to show that the global collective effort to control the coronavirus pandemic by homeopathic remedies for COVID-19 should also consider alternative therapeutic methods, and national health systems should quickly endorse the validity of proven homeopathic remedies in this war against coronavirus disease.
The findings of these drugs may not only connect to save time but may also offer some preventive and therapeutic value for the management of fatal COVID-19 pandemic.
Sign & symptoms for COVID-19-
- Its symptoms are very similar to that of flu, i.e. common cold, cough, fever and headache.
- People who are likely to travel are most vulnerable.
- Pregnant women and young children, and the elderly are also considered in the high risk category.
- People with poorly managed chronic conditions like asthma, diabetes, heart and other respiratory problems are also at greater risk.
The drug’s development may take some time, and in the current scenario, these 5 homeopathic remedies for COVID-19 can offer some preventive or even therapeutic value.
It has recommended by AYUSH ministry that homeopathic remedy Arsenicum Album 30 could be taken empty stomach daily for three days as a prophylactic medicine against the infection.
It acts profoundly on every organ and tissue. Its clear cut characteristics symptoms and correspondence to several types of disease make its homeopathic employment constant and certain.
Its general symptoms alone, often leads to its successful application.
Strong symptoms of Arsenic include:
- Mental restlessness
- Bursting headache
- Burning pain in stomach
- Gastralgia from slightest food/drink
- Pneumonia (wheezing respiration)
- Intermittent fever (or hay fever)
- Dyspnea (in smokers/tobacco chewers)
In the early stages of febrile (fever) conditions, it stands midway between asthenic sluggishness and torpidity. Remedy for the first stage of all febrile disturbances and inflammations; especially of the respiratory tract.
The typical Ferrum Phos. Patient is not full blooded and robust, but nervous, sensitive, anemic and easy flushing. Prostration is marked.
Ferrum Phos. 3x increases hemoglobin, in pale, anemic subjects.
Strong symptoms of Ferrum Phos. include:
- Headache better cold applications
- Epistaxis; bright red blood
- Vomiting of undigested food
- Bronchitis in young children
- Diurnal enuresis
- Pneumonia (expectoration of pure blood)
- Sore chest
3D – Dullness, Dizziness and Drowsiness.
Dull headache with heaviness of the eyelids; bruised sensation; better compression and lying with head high.
Sensitive to cold and dampness brings on many complaints. Pain from the throat to ear.
As a rule, the Gels. Patient has no thirst.
Strong symptoms of Gelsemium include:
- Muscular weakness
- Post-diphtheritic paralysis
- Occipital headache
- Orbital neuralgia
- Tongue yellowish, trembles
- Sensation of a lump in throat
- Remittent fever
- Aphonia from cold
The special affinities of this drug are the mucous membrane of the stomach, bowels and air passages.
It is especially indicated in fleshy, fat, light complexioned people. Symptoms are worse in the morning; pain migrates quickly.
More adapted to the subacute stage rather than the violent acute stage.
Catarrh of the pharynx, larynx, bronchi and nose with a tough, stringy, viscid secretion, which is a very strong guiding symptom for this drug. Discharge thick, ropy, and greenish-yellow.
Strong symptoms of Kali Bich. include:
- Violent sneezing
- Loss of smell (anosmia)
- Marked hawking
- Snuffles in children
- Watery nasal discharge (profuse)
- Gastric ulcer
- Stringy expectoration
- Voice hoarse
A great remedy for certain forms of intermittent fever, anemia, chlorosis, several disturbances of the alimentary tract.
Great debility; maximum weakness is felt in the morning, in bed.
Infallible for stopping a cold commencing with sneezing (use 30th potency).
Violent, fluent coryza, lasting for one to three days, followed by obstruction of the nose, making breathing difficult.
Strong symptoms of Natrum Mur. include:
- Headache (from sunrise to sunset)
- Fever blisters around mouth
- Intermittent pulse
- Whooping cough
- Shortness of breath
- Stitching pain around the chest
- Great weakness
If you have a chronic or complicated condition it is best to see a qualified homeopath rather than trying to treat it yourself. Homeopaths will take into consideration many other factors which cannot be done by ourselves in this situation.
Care and prevention of Coronavirus-
As a precaution, people need to implement strict hygiene standard as set by the World Health Organisation:
- Frequent cleaning of hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizers or soap and water.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue.
- Wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical attention.
- The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat and milk should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.
Of course it’s important to say that you should always consult your physician in case of serious illness or injury.
If you want to know more about homeopathy then please subscribe along through my weekly newsletter.